Wednesday 11 December 2013

Money Bag a.k.a Drawstring Purse Dumpling


Oh I love Dim sum. With the desire of  wanting to order every single item on the menu and try the different taste, it could be better for me to have a dim sum buffet.

Beside having dim sum at some places, I am also trying to find the perfect course to improve my skills in making them. Regardless, trying to making dim sum becomes a part of my hobby. 

This is the basic recipe for wonton with pork, shrimp or vegetable filling. 
I am using prawn as the filling. Finely chopped the prawn and add some seasoning.

Ingredients:
  • Prawn
  • Sesame oil
  • Garlic
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Bean curd for wrapping
  • Coriander stalks for knitting 

Instructions:
  1. Mix-up all the ingredients.
  2. Cut the bean curd to square size about 8cm x 8cm
  3. Lay out the bean curd wrap, put the mixed ingredients in the middle of the wrap
  4. Bring together all the edges to one direction, knit a knot with the coriander stalk.
  5. Steam it for about 10-15 minutes, and it's ready to be served.


No comments:

Post a Comment