Monday 8 July 2013

Mung Bean Paste (Tausa-adapted in Teochew language)

I love to treat my family with dessert besides preparing the healthy food everyday. I like eating sweets, but recently i have decreased the sugar consumption at home. It's for the healthy reason. When I asked my family about the dessert, they prefer the Mung bean paste. I was so happy they could do me a favor, especially to mash the bean when it was hot. 

Mung bean paste known as Tausa (in Teochew language), used as the filling for bun, sweet red tortoise cake, glutinuose ball, or some other filling for dessert or pastry.

Ingredients:
500 gr Mung bean 
175-220 gr of Sugar 
5 tbsp of oil
Pandan leaves

Instruction
  1. Wash and soak the mung bean for about 5 hours
  2. Cook with pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes.
  3. Mash the bean, It's easier to mash it when hot.
  4. Heat Oil in the non-stick frying pan, put the mashed bean in the pan and finely stir.
  5. Add sugar and stir well. After add sugar, it's easily to get burnt if not finely stir.
  6. Cook for about 30 minutes or become thick paste.
  7. Dish out and set a side to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment